However, New Year's Day itself wll be amazing, because you will do nothing but hang out with your boyfriend, watch West Wing, play Magic, take a fabulous bubble bath and go to bed early. So maybe the absinthe is worth it, after all.
Other things I learned:
- Absinthe is really just liquified black jelly beans. I think that's how they make it.
- Absinthe and champagne is called an Ernest Hemingway.
- Absinthe, cranberry juice, and orange juice is called a Traffic Light and is delicious because you can barely taste the absinthe and I don't like black jelly beans.
- Absinthe reminds me of Bram Stoker's Dracula, but when I drank it, I did not imagine myself as an ancient Transylvanian princess, more's the pity.
- I think I saw a green fairy at midnight, but it was probably just Ke$ha wearing green lipstick and green New Year's glasses on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve with Ryan Secrest. However, I can't find a picture to prove it, so I'll go with "I saw a green fairy."
- So far, I'm loving 2011.